FOCOS is a risk- and compliance management system for food contact materials. With FOCOS you can manage products, raw materials and changes, create customized Declarations of Compliance, manage supporting documents and communicate with your suppliers and customers. With every step being fully auditable.
FOCOS is a secure web application that allows you to access your data and documents from remote locations. FOCOS can integrate with your ERP system (like Navision or SAP) and will help you to actively communicate updates of DoCs towards customers allowing them to always access the latest versions of documents.
Download raw materials (relevant information & supporting documents) directly from other FOCOS users (your suppliers). Integrate FOCOS with your ERP system. Manage updates in a fast and easy way and implement them to your own DoCs.
Evaluate the impact of changes in raw materials or legislation on the compliance status of your product. Perform worst case calculations to reduce your migrations test cost.
Migration testing configuration
Configure your product and it’s use:
- Surface/volume ratio
- Single use or repeated use
- Use for food for small children
- Special applications like caps
Prepare requests for migration testing and include all supporting documents of raw materials. Attach migration reports as supporting documents to your product administration.
FOCOS supports compliance work by:
- Evaluation of substances authorization status and purity at raw material level
- Perform worst case calculations
- Evaluate the impact of changes (changes in legislation or compositional changes) on the compliance status of products.
Templates are prepared in MS Word (.docx) and can easily be personalized with logos and other features. Publish your DoC in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian or Dutch on the FOCOS DoC server and make them available for the selected customers.
The message centre is the active heart of FOCOS, it centralizes all actions and communication. Data from several databases is turned into action lists, to activate and support your communications with suppliers and customers.
FOCOS uses the message centre to inform customers about:
- New and updated food contact legislation, changes in substance details, etc
- Lists of raw materials and products that are concerned by these changes
- Follow up of expired supporting documents
The library is always up to date with current legislation. New available documentation and legislation will be presented within the message centre.
The FOCOS library provides a search interface that allows resources to be easily found, based on their content.
Due to the open architecture of FOCOS it is possible to safely exchange data between e.g. your ERP or CRM system and FOCOS.
Added value of FOCOS
- FOCOS helps you manage food contact.
- Easily create Declarations of Compliance (DoCs) based on current EC commissions (draft) guidelines.
- FOCOS will help you with change management in food contact compliance work.
- Improve communication and the quality of your DoCs.
- Save time and (still) be in control.
- Improve customer service by making your DoCs available to your customers.
- Improve and embed knowledge on food contact safety in your organisation.
- Use FOCOS as a unique selling point to your customers.
A short introduction
Food safety and human health, two of the many reasons why we created FOCOS®. Watch the video to see what drives us to help you and your customers with Food Contact Safety!
Reduce the time needed for DoC creation and meet the requirements set by the guidelines from the European Commission regarding information in the supply chain. Grouped documentation and clear technical information makes it possible to easily create customized DoC’s based on pre-defined templates. Any DoC is easily prepared by selecting registered raw materials according the composition of your product. All up-to-date information is just one mouse click away.
Communication within the supply chain is the basis of food contact compliance work. Generate and publish your DoC’s in your preferred language on the public FOCOS DoC website and make them available for your organization and your customers. Up-to-date information and correct documents, according to the guidelines of the European Commission, are added value to your customers. FOCOS will notify your customers automatically when DoC’s have been updated.
Instant access to up-to-date information is essential in food contact compliance. FOCOS is a cloud application that allows users to offer a high level of service to their customers at a low cost of ownership. All the information and documentation is accessible through the internet. Secure and from any remote location. The cloud model provides automatic updates of the software without any additional expenses.